Unless it is a formal or semi formal event that you attend twice or thrice a year, not everyone is comfortable in overtly bold dressing on a daily basis. Your everyday dressing has to be smart but sufficiently modest as well so that you can comfortably tend to the daily tasks without the fear of this slipping off or that plunging too down. But this certainly does not imply that your modest dresses have to be abysmally fit or look unpleasant in anyway.
Modest dresses are abundantly available at the racks of all your favorite departmental stores, be it Lord and Taylor, New York Dress, Missesdressy or Overstock, throughout the country. Check out their fall 2016 and spring 2017 modest dresses range to plan your wardrobe ahead of time. Whether you live in the sprawling and fashion forward New York, the party crazy Vegas, or the coastal Miami, Savannah and Wilmington, you can get hold of modest yet fashionable dresses easily.
By following a simple set of very flexible and easy rules, you can totally nail the modest dressing section of your wardrobe as well. Go through the following simple tips pertaining to cuts, colors and accessories.
- When we talk about modest, we are referring to unassuming, easily carried and humble way of dressing. All these words are also held synonymous with modest as well. While you are shopping for your modest wardrobe, go for cuts that do not obstruct the comfort. For example, a striped knee length modest dress in lose fitting is much more comfortable than a modest sheath dress that restrains your movement because of being too fitted and body conscious.
- As far as fabrics are concerned, they are directly related to the factor of comfort as well. Rather than investing in money on one or two lace and silk dresses that cost more, a better option is to buy 4-5 soft cotton, linen or chiffon modest dresses that are cost effective and more comfortable as well.
- Also, a plunging neckline dress is not suitable when you have to consistently move about and do tasks. Better yet, you can go for a round neck or scoop neck A-line modest dress that’s stays in its place and doesn’t make you feel conscious of your dressing the whole time.
- Go for such color palettes that are relatively inconspicuous. This could mean choosing soft pastels such as aqua and sky blue modest dresses or cream white and beige dress of modest category. Opting for too loud colors such as bright reds, oranges and sunshine yellows often, inadvertently, make you feel uncomfortable because they exude too much visibility and presence.
- When it comes to accessorizing your everyday modest dresses, it’s important to know that in everyday wear; so much as a wrist watch is also considered a major accessory. A smart way is to convert your essential wear items into your fashionable accessories. These include wrist watches, eye glasses and even your little ‘note-scribbling book’.
Although the definition of modesty varies from Asia to America, Europe to Middle East, Canada to Romania and Russia to Quebec; the aforementioned basic rules can be easily transcended into any culture.