Purple Prom Dresses
No products were found matching your selection.
Best Purple Prom Dresses
Whether you pick chiffon, lace, or tulle, prom dresses that are purple seldom go wrong. However, certain fashion blunders turn even a color as safe as purple into a fashion disaster.
You don’t want that happening to you—especially on your prom night!
So what do you do? You make sure you’re following the styling tips listed below.
Choose a Style
It is important to pick a style that complements your physique and body. Here’s what you need to do:
- Pick a color dress fits perfectly. So if you’re a size 8 make sure you buy that, and not size 7 or 9.
- Pick a dress length that flatters your body type. Plus size ladies look for a purple, just above the knee, bodycon dress for prom—you’ll thank us for this. Petite ladies, go for floor length, flowy purple prom gowns.
- Watch the necks ladies. Plunging Vs, Halter, and scoop necks work for most.
Pick Your Hue Wisely
Purple prom dresses may be available in an array of different shades. From lilac to plum and indigo, there are so many colors to choose from—make sure:
- The color you pick compliments your complexion and your hair color too.
- Girls with fairer skin tones, it is best to stick to darker hues of purple like plum, violet, wine, and magenta.
- Girls with a medium skin tone can opt for both dark and light shades of prom dresses that are purple.
- Dark skinned girls should stick to pastel hues like lilac, lavender, and orchid.
Break the Color
Although purple prom dresses look gorgeous, it is important to note that wearing purple from head to toe can make you look like Barney – that is if you’re wearing the same color. You need to break the color. Here’s what you can do:
- Look for purple prom dresses with pearl/jewel embellished bodice that add a different color to it.
- Show some legs. Wear a short dress so that you’ve got some skin between the dress and the shoes.
- Accessorize carefully. Choose neutral or metallic accessories to add some balance to your ensemble.
Get the Accessories Right
It is imperative to get your accessories right. There are a number of colors that compliment purple, but not all the time:
- The safest option is to stick to neutrals like nude and black.
- Match your accessories—belt, clutch, jewelry—to your shoes, wherever you can for a balances look.
- To add a touch of bling to your look, gold and silver can work wonders. A pair of gold pumps, a gold clutch, and a pair of gold danglers in the ears can make your solid purple prom gown look perfect without overdoing it!
Purple has long been associated with royalty – certainly a good color choice if you wish to reign the prom night like a queen. There’s a huge collection of purple prom dresses waiting for you in stores online and around you in Phoenix, Atlanta, Boston, and the rest of the United States. Go out and get yourself a purple prom dress ladies!